You can't get better than English asparagus. Serve simply with a poached egg and Le Mesurier Hollandaise Sauce.
free range eggs
Seasoned butter (butter, salt and black pepper)
Rocket leaves (for garnish
Le Mesurier Hollandaise Sauce
- Mix butter at room temperature with salt and freshly milled black pepper. If you are using salted butter, you may not need to add more salt.
- Trim the asparagus spears so all are the same length.
- Plunge the asparagus into boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes then transfer to a warmed dish and keep warm.
- Have a high-sided pan of water just coming to the boil, add the vinegar, stir and break the eggs into the vortex. Cook for 3 minutes until softly poached (or if you wish you can use an egg poacher).
Open a jar of Le Mesurier Hollandaise Sauce and warm as per instructions.
- Toss the asparagus in the seasoned butter and line up 5 on each plate.
- Remove the softly poached egss and place on top of the asparagus.
- Spoon the warmed Hollandaise Sauce on top of the egg and garnish with a few rocket leaves.