Fennel and Sausage Tagliatelle
500g minced pork
1 tbsp olive oil
Large pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove (finely chopped or grated)
4 tbsp Seggiano Wild Fennel and Tomato Pesto
200ml tomato passata
Fresh basil leaves
Freshly grated parmesan, to serve
All ingredients are available to purchase in our Farm Shop
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat and add the pork mince. Use a spoon to break the meat up and brown the meat.
- Remove the meat from the pan with a slotted spoon and pop on a plate.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the garlic to the same pan. Cook gently for a couple of minutes to soften, then add the browned sausage meat and black pepper. Stir to combine and cook for a further 2-3 mins.
- Add the wild fennel and tomato pesto, stirring to combine, then add the passata. Turn the heat up to medium and simmer whilst you cook the pasta.
- Bring a large pan of well-salted water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook as per the packet instructions.
- Add a ladle of the pasta water to the sauce and bring to the boil. Cook for a minute or so until you have a shiny, thick sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and add fresh basil leaves.
- Serve with plenty of freshly grated parmesan.